Ed Horwich is available for Lectures, Talks and Portfolio Reviews
– for colleges, schools, training organisations and other groups
The world of making and considering images.
The business of being a photographer.
Technical expertise in digital imaging.
The means of connecting with your audience and your clients.
Ed is uniquely placed to speak in depth from a wide overview about the world of professional photography.
- Co-Director of Shot Up North
- Non-executive Director of the Association of Photographers (AoP)
- AoP North chairman and a committee member since the 1990’s
- Owner of Prodig, the leading online Forum for Professional Digital Imaging
- Founding member of the UK Digital Imaging Group
- Colour exhibition printer, and Printer of the images for Martin Parr’s book ‘The Last Resort’
- Professional Photographer since the 1980’s
1. “SHOT UP NORTH”
SUN has been the pre-eminent showcase for professional photography in the UK regions for the last 23 years.
Ed talks about the establishment of this not-for-profit event and his involvement from the very beginning.
• He explains how SUN has come to promote Best-practice in the key areas of the photographer’s life… photography, the use of photography by designers and art-directors, and how photographers promote their work.
• He explains how SUN has been able to make it easier for rising new talent to get their work showcased.
• And he demonstrates how SUN is embracing the new working areas such as Motion capture where still photographers are taking on the mantle of Directors of Photography in video production whilst still using their stills cameras.
– Illustrated with images from the last 23 years of SUN
– Duration approx. 50 minutes with additional time for Q&As
2. “ED HORWICH photographer“
Ed talks about his beginnings in the commercial industry, his early days exhibiting in galleries as an ‘independent photographer’, printing for Martin Parr, teaching gallery workshops, and his year long commission to photograph the whole of London.
Ed has worked in the corporate area, design, book jackets and CD covers, and editorial, as well as creating work for sale in galleries.
He also covers the concerns of the photographic industry, from his time as a non-executive director of the Association of Photographers.
3. “Social Media, the Internet & The Photographer”
Ed was an early adopter of both the internet itself and its most recent manifestation in Social Media.
A bi-product of this has been his establishment of an internet company servicing small businesses including photographers and artists.
Ed was also at the forefront as a founding member of the UK’s Digital Imaging Group, which sought to establish working standards and codes of practice across the creative and advertising industries.
Ed offers Portfolio Reviews, and general workshops looking at work development.
These can be in association with being a guest speaker, or as a stand alone offering.
Appropriate for photographers at any stage, Ed will focus on the needs of the group or individual.
Those attending should bring along as much work as possible, so they gain the most benefit.
To discuss your needs please contact Ed directly using this form…